Our Local, Certified, and Long-term Staffing
Quality of life has been shown to be directly related to retention of talented staff and adequate staffing patterns. At Little Brook, we are proud that our staffing meets both Federal and State requirements. Many of our direct care staff have been employed at Little Brook for up to 25 years. Our employees all live locally and many know the families and friends of our Residents.
John Kasarda, LNHA
John has been at Little Brook since 1990 when he started working in the Dietary Department. He has since learned the roles of many departments and received his Nursing Home Administrator’s License in 2004 and was subsequently promoted to Administrator. He uses a hands-on model known as “management by walking around.” He oversees all aspects of Resident care and facility life. He has a positive attitude that underlies his leadership. Additionally, John is responsible for guiding the completion of the upgrades and renovation of Little Brook and is instrumental in our future expansion plans.
To connect with John, click here or visit Contact Us in the above menu.
Tina Stramaglia, RN
Director of Nursing
Tina recently joined Little Brook with over 10 years of experience as Director of Nursing in nursing homes. In addition to being a Registered Nurse, she is also certified in Resident Assessment, Intravenous Therapy, PICC Line Insertion, and Volunteer One-on-One Guardianship. Tina’s goals also include providing an even higher level of care than that which Little Brook has provided for over 50 years.
Anne McLean, ADPC
Anne is an activities professional who has worked with residents at Little Brook since 2007. She believes in focusing on the residents’ abilities rather than disabilities and uses recreational activities – both physical and mental – and therapeutic programs to enhance quality of life and to just have some fun. Frequent events include holiday and seasonal celebrations, daily physical and cognitive exercise, live performances, religious services, and more.
Breda Smith, CDM
Breda believes that food nourishes the soul as well as the body. Under the consulting of Registered Dietician, Melissa Walker, meals are served attractively with special attention to therapeutic requirements and individual preferences. Homemade soups and desserts from scratch are frequent menu items. Breda is an advocate of fresh fruits, vegetables and fiber in the daily diet. She makes use of attractive presentations to stimulate appetites.
Dr. Sandira Segaram, MD, FACP
Dr. Segaram is a fellow in the American College of Physicians. He grew up in Sri Lanka and graduated from the University of Sri Lanka and was on staff at the medical facility there. He completed his residency training at United Medical Center of Newark, NJ and is board certified in Internal Medicine. He is on staff at Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and has been the Medical Director at Little Brook since 1994.
Director of Operations
Rich joined us in 2014 to further improve the comfort, safety and living environment of our Residents in addition to optimizing some processes across all departments at Little Brook including activities, building operations, dietary, housekeeping, laundry, and nursing. Directly, Rich is responsible for Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance/Renovations departments. He also has operational supervision across other departments including Activities, Dietary, and Nursing to help allow his colleagues to focus more on the provision of a high standard of care to our Residents and to streamline some daily operational tasks.
– Cozy 36 Bed Country Inn Nestled in Northeastern Hunterdon County
– Awarded a 5 STAR Government Rating in 2016 (1)
– Serving Our Community’s ReHab & Long-term Care Needs
– A Licensed Skilled Nursing Home since 1960
– Little Brook is Now Accepting Transfer Applications
– Single Level for Easy Access to All Rooms in Our Home
– Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Sensitive Staff
– Geriatric Medical Director and Physical Therapist on Staff
– Home-Like, Non-Institutional Setting on 6 Acre Estate
– No Deposits Required; All Inclusive Flat Rate; No End-of-Month Surprise Add-on Charges for Equipment, Supplies or Services
– Private and Semi-Private (Double Only) Rooms Available
– 24 Hour Nursing Care; Short-Term/Medicare Rehab; Respite Stay
– Staffed by Certified, Local, Long-Term Employees
– Home Cooked Meals on Site; Organized Daily Activities
– Free Access to LED TV & Cable, Telephone and Internet
– Medicare/Medicaid Certified
– Local Family Owned and Operated
78 Sliker Road #398
Califon, NJ 07830
* A division of Little Brook Home, Inc.